Katherine Caffrey MBACP – Training
2 Day Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People
Face to face Workshop
Aimed at therapists and counsellors, this workshop is designed to explore ways of working with Children and Young People focusing on sound, ethical, professional good practice.
From looking at BACP expectations of competency, to exploring the practical areas to consider, we go on to look at ways of applying knowledge in practice through case studies and group work.
- BACP competences for working with children aged 4 – 18
- The need for ethical and professional practice and how it relates to the work
- Child protection, safeguarding and risk assessment – knowing what to look out for and what to do
- The importance of contracting, and how to manage different ages and abilities
- Exploring beginnings and endings with CYP and why these are so important
- Exploring relationship building
- Practice using case studies
- Importance of self-awareness and self-care of the practitioner
Price £180 for individuals
For groups or organisation please contact kcaffreycs@gmail,com for more information about pricing
Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People2 Day Workshop